What is dyslexia and how can you help a person suffering from it?
Should plastic surgery be regulated by laws?
Can euthanasia decrease suicide rates?
Should GMOs be banned?
Advantages and disadvantages of daydreaming for human health.
Should a five-day working week be changed to a four-day week?
The pay gap between male and female employees.
The influence of social responsibility on the decision-making process in business.
The most popular literary plots.
How does poetry influence our mentality?
The interpretations of Ancient Greek heroes in modern literature.
Dystopian literature: history, themes, and famous novels.
Causes and treatments of insomnia.
How do separate classrooms for boys and girls influence the studying process?
What are the potential issues of students and teachers befriending each other on Facebook?
School punishment in different countries.
The best motivational strategies to promote student success.
How can technology improve the learning process?
Sigmund Freud and his contributions to psychology.
Present the concept of emotional intelligence and its components.
The main reasons for bullying at school and the ways to prevent it.
Advantages and disadvantages of homeschooling.
Effective ways to deal with anxiety.
How gender stereotypes are portrayed in mass media.
The impact of beauty contests on the self-esteem and body image of women.
Where do superstitions come from?
What is the difference between a religion and a cult?
How does social media impact interpersonal communication?
What are the main risks of creating a human-like artificial intelligence?
Popular conspiracy theories.
Effective ways to fight human trafficking.
The influence of society on early childhood development.
The main reasons for unemployment in developed countries.
Where was the first writing system invented and why?
What are some of the most iconic examples of censorship throughout history?
The main events of the Gladiator War.
The deadliest dictators in history: Mao Zedong, Adolf Hitler, and Joseph Stalin.
Female political leaders of the 20th century.
Conquests of Alexander the Great.
The main reasons for the dissolution of the Soviet Union.
Is globalization good or bad for mankind?
The peculiarities of non-verbal behaviors in the world.
Should bloggers be treated as journalists and punished for providing incorrect information?
The effects of computer-mediated communication on our working and everyday lives.
Benefits of playing video games for cognitive skills.
Is nuclear power better than solar power?
The indicators of the empowerment of women in the 21st century.
The most significant Hindu gods.
How geographical conditions influence national cuisines (with examples).
The representation of hallucinogens in Hollywood movies.
Effective ways to fight water scarcity in Africa.
How to ensure internet safety for children
These are the most common types of presentations and are used to present research. A student who is defending a thesis or a non-profit group that did a research study will use informative speeches to present their findings.
These will show you how to do something. In introduction to communication classes, these speeches are usually How to Make Cakes kinds of speeches and include different pictures and steps to the process.
This kind of speech is trying to change the way you think about a subject or issue. If you’ve come to a health conference you may find yourself listening to why you should change your eating habits or stop drinking.
These speeches are designed to make your audience move. Also considered a “motivational” speech, this is designed to encourage participants to go after their goals, whatever they may be. Inspirational speeches will tell stories and the hope is that the audience will feel an emotional connection to the topic. These are also a great way to get the audience’s attention.
The Opening of your presentation should capture attention, establish rapport and set the direction for your presentation.
The Body of your presentation is the meat of your message. This is where you will spend most of your time.
The Close is the last thing that people hear, therefore it is important and can be memorable if done well.
6 Types of Presentations:
1) Providing Information. This format encompasses anything from a team meeting that gives updates on a project or upcoming event to a demonstration that shows product functions.
2) Teaching a Skill. Your company just installed a new system or implemented a new process that requires people to learn how to use the new tool and apply the process.
3) Reporting Progress. As you integrate the new system into your daily routine, your boss wants to know how it’s working. You might schedule a divisional meeting or group off-site to share the progress.
4) Selling a Product or Service. A briefing like this might include a recap of the product or service, next steps and action items, or a discussion of needs and improvements before the product is ready to sell.
5) Making a Decision. It’s time for the annual holiday party and ideas are being tossed around the office. When giving your input on the location, make sure to share the must-haves and nice-to-haves for the event. When it’s time for the final decision, you can see how your idea stacks up to the other options.
6) Solving a Problem. This could be in a panel setting or other meeting where the problem is identified, the facts of the problem are presented and a list of causes is generated. From here, you lay out the ideal outcome, present solutions and discuss your recommendation.
With any presentation, know your objectives. If your purpose is to inform or update, you will most likely use one of the first three types of presentations. On the other hand, if you’re on a mission to persuade someone, use one of the last three presentation types. Not every presentation has to mold itself into a traditional presentation; it can be an interview, status report, program, pitch, speech or demonstration, for example.
A good speaker will also think about the delivery method, or the way in which the speech will be conveyed to the audience. There are a few ways in which this is done:
Let’s explore them now.